School starts soon but the fun isn’t over just yet!
The weatherman says it’s going to be a HOT one this weekend so if you’re looking for a way to keep the kids cool, come on down to Green Lake on Saturday, August 20 for the third annual Windermere Summer Splash! This free, daylong event will celebrate summer fun and active lifestyles for young families with a variety of free activities – both in the water and out.
Among the numerous things you can do, some of the highlights include:
- Canoeing, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, and rowing for children and adults
- Robotics demonstrations
- Yoga, dance fitness and CrossFit trainers for kids and teens
- Skate Like a Girl: skateboarding demonstrations
- Interactive learning opportunities for juggling, soccer, piano, Legos© and more
- Corporate Cup Rowing Regatta: watch local businesses battle it out on the water
Is your child more of a rocker than a swimmer? That’s cool too because there will be four youth bands competing throughout the day in the Battle of The Bands.
There will also be a variety of food trucks serving delicious snacks and drinks, including one for dogs!
For more information about the Windermere Summer Splash event and a schedule of activities and list of participating vendors, please visit: www.WindermereSummerSplash.com.
We hope to see you all there!