Got the Super Bowl blues? We know a way we can all still be winners… free cake! Cupcake Royale locations in Ballard and Capitol Hill will be slicing up and serving pieces of the largest 12th Man cake in the city. Head over to your most convenient cafe location and grab a slice starting at 5 pm. There’s no wound a yummy piece of cake can’t fix.
Do you have an unfinished room in your house that you just can’t decide what to do with? Finishing that space not only adds square footage to your home, but value too. With the Super Bowl only days away, you might consider turning that empty room into the ideal spot for watching the big game. The ultimate man caves are a combo of creativity, class, and of course, comfort. So let’s get started with some ideas:
Lounge: Create the ultimate gentlemanly getaway with a wet bar, pool table, cigar bar, and dark hardwood floors. You might also add a poker table for those late night poker games.
Sport’s Den: Sports memorabilia is a must for any man cave. Add overstuffed couches and extra cushy carpeting to make it the ideal hangout spot. The only drawback? Your friends may not want to leave when the game’s over.
Home Theater: When it comes to having your very own theater, the more cushions, the merrier. Fully loaded snack bar and built-in seating with different levels are the best way to get the vibe going. Adding a bar/eating area into the cinema room makes multi-function entertaining more favorable for guests.
Don’t Forget the Ladies: It’s easy to put a lady’s touch on any one of these room ideas. Use white leather couches, some colorful throw pillows from your favorite team, and fur throws. Trade in the cigar bar for a bubbly bar and the green felt for a pink billiard table to add the perfect girly twist.
Here are some dos and don’ts for your man cave:
- A lot of people make the mistake of putting their TV above the fireplace. This is a no-no because it’s bad for your neck and shoulder muscles. Don’t believe us? It’s like sitting in the front row at the movie theater, day after day after day.
- It’s better for the resale value of your home to use a neutral color palette and then personalize with your favorite team’s memorabilia that you can take with you once you decide to sell.
- It should go without saying, but remember to keep the food and drinks stocked at all times for your guests. It’s easy to get carried away with what’s on the big screen, but this can make or break your party.
So, now that you have everything you need to know about setting up the super-est of Super Bowl man caves, who are you rooting for? It better be our Hawks!
Hey 12s, in light of the game tomorrow, Windermere Real Estate has chosen to support our boys in blue by running our ads during the game and post game coverage, so don’t skip the commercials!
Three things to consider for tomorrow:
1. Although the “selfie” might be running out of steam, the “Twelfie” will never go out of style.
2. A house is not a home without a 12th Man.
3. Is it coincidence that Wilson’s name is on every football? We. Think. Not.
We’re in! Are you?